Saturday 19 March 2016

Reading Challenge - A Book with more than 500 pages!

Phew! This one was a book that I NEVER thought I'd read. Who, me? "Oh it's so big and heavy", "Oh it's gonna take me a hundred years to finish", "Nah, nothing is that interesting during more than 300 pages".

But I was wrong, my friends. And I did it! Whee-woooo!
Also, the chosen one was: "The Other Boleynn Girl" by Philippa Gregory.

It is a wonder to me how an History lover like me had never really paid attention to history books. I had read one or two books by portuguese authors but I had felt a bittersweet taste afterwards, like they weren't all that good. I blamed it on the books when maybe I should have blamed it on the authors.

Now, experts say that Gregory is no expert BUT I loved this book. And who really cares if Anne Boleyn didn't hook up with her brother? Or if Mary was a slut? Not me! This book opened my eyes to this generation of Tudor monarchs that I have, ever since finishing this book, researched on and read more about and actually fallen a little in love with. I have also downloaded more of Philipa Gregory books.

(And I kind of want her to write about other Royal Houses, like... why not Louis XIV? Who is basically my favorite monarch? He is preeeeetty interesting!).

And for my fav quote:
"I am sorry for you. And I am sorry for me. When you are sent back to me, perhaps a month from now, perhaps a year, I will try to remember this day, and you looking like a child, a little lost among all these clothes. I will try to remember that you were innocent of any plotting; that today at least, you were more a girl than a Boleyn."

(2 of 50)

No comments:

Post a Comment