Monday 21 March 2016

Reading Challenge - Female Author

By trying to fill this category I have realized that I mostly read books written by female authors!

So this book wasn't hard at all. My chosen one was "Skygods" by Sarah Latchaw.



I don't think this book is particularly known and I wouldn't be able to tell you how I found the 1st book of this series (the 1st book is called Hydraulic Level Five) but the truth is that I absolutely loved the first book and I then spent the following months searching for this second book. Just like I am now anxiously waiting for the next book!

Skygods (or better yet, the Hydraulic saga) tells us the story of Samuel Cabral and his on-and-off girlfriend/wife, Kaye. What is interesting is how funny and laid back the 1st book is but how we take a sudden turn in this 2nd book and dive into the subject of a menthal illness that consumes Samuel and how Kayer deals with it all.

I loved, loved, loved it!

And my quote is:
"A skydiver, arrogant in his ability to navigate the heavens, rejects his fragile state and calls himself a God of the skies."

(4 of 50)

No comments:

Post a Comment