Wednesday 6 April 2016

Top 5 Wednesday: Rainy Day Reads

It's Top 5 Wednesday! Yaaaaaaaay. Mini Dance Party!

Alright, so this week the top5 wednesday is: Rainy Day Reads! I don't exactly know what this means but I suppose it's those books you always turn to when you're very mellow and don't feel like thinking too much or reading something too complex. For me, these are days where I grab a book that I have read before or a book by an author that I think is very easy to read and that will provide me a good time.

Now this challenge was created by Lainey and you can check out the group here, here, here (and join because it's super fun!).

And now for my top 5:

1. Breathe by Kristen Ashley


Sooooo.... okay basically Kristen Ashley writes these badboys alpha male lads that are super hot and her books have a little bit of sexy times but I feel like it's not a Fifty Shades of Grey kind of book. I have read Breathe only once but I just loved it so much, you guys! I love Faye, who is the main girl, and she is like 29 and she is a super fangirl and she reads a lot and works at a library and then the town badboys who everyone wants falls for her and this has an amazing story of a lost child that they help out. Urgh. perfect for rainy days!

2. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks


Now, Mr. Nicholas Sparks is the perfect read for a rainy day!! His books are just so simple and so easygoing.... okay, there's a drama but it's not a major drama and it doesn't make your head spin. I basically have every single book of his and I have loved them all, I don't exactly recall loving Best of Me more than any other book but I looked at my collection and picked the coolest cover. So there.

3. Tangled by Emma Chase


This wasn't one of those wowzah books but I had such fun reading it and it was soooo easy and I adored Kate! I'm pretty sure I have written a post about this book somewhere on this blog but oh God, I remember that I picked the second book right after because I liked it so much and I had such a good time (plus, I usually read in the morning train so a very good read for slow mornings where you just need to wake up!)

4. Livro by José Luís Peixoto

Livro is literally "Book". Now, I always like to add, when I can, a portuguese book because I think we have such great authors and they need to be known more. So I'm doing my part promoting my favs. This book is legit poetry, it's sooooo good. I adore how the author uses the words and how he puts them together. Urgh. He is the kind of author I want to be when I grow up.

5. Wallbanger by Alice Clayton


I'm pretty sure none of you are surprised that this is making an appearance here because I am an Alice Clayton fangirl, I would read her grocery list, I would braid her hair if she told me stories and I worship her to no end. And this book is one of my favorite books eveeeeeer and I have read it like a thousand times and it's on my bedside table for when i'm sad and blue and awwww. I love you, Alice Clayton. I love you, Wallbanger. I love you, Simon and Caroline. I just love everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment