Wednesday 17 August 2016

5 Favorite First Sentences

At wednesday we (wear pink) have the Top 5 Wednesday weeeee today the theme is "Our 5 avorite First Sentences".

And I mean, I love quotes, I find beauty in a lot of words but there are some first sentences that, man.... those are awesome. They make me freak out and run to get the book and devour it. 

These are my choices: 
(as usual Top 5 Wednesday is hosted by Sam and Lainey and you can find out everything about it here).



Blue Sargent had forgotten how many times she’d been told that she would kill her true love.
The Raven Boys, MaggieStiefvater


Today I’m five. I was four last night going to sleep in Wardrobe, but when I wake up in Bed in the dark I’m changed to five, abracadabra. Before that I was three, then two, then one, then zero. “Was I minus numbers?”
Room: A Novel by Emma Donoghue


Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta. 
Lolita by Vladimir Nobokov


A skydiver,
arrogant in his ability to navigate the heavens, rejects his fragile state
and calls himself a god of the sky. 

Skygods by Sarah Latchaw


I could have warned her when she arrived in Russia, this petty German princess from Zerbst, a town no bigger than St. Petersburg’s Summer Garden, this frail girl who would become Catherine. 

The Winter Palace by Eva Stachnia

No comments:

Post a Comment